1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch round pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, salt, and baking soda.
3. In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, molasses, and honey. Whisk in the egg and ginger.
4. In a saucepan, heat the butter and water until the butter melts. Whisk the butter mixture into the honey mixture. Stir in the four mixture until smooth, followed by the chocolate.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
6. Cool the cake in the pan on a rack and then turn it out and cool completely. Serve with whipped cream.
Suzanne Weixel is a writer who lives with her family in Marlborough, Massachusetts.